Well, Swagsters… this is becoming a pattern. Yet again I greet you with so much gratitude. Thank you all for such a positive response to my previous post. I wrote it for all of us, to bust the myth that makes so many girls (and guys) believe they have to do anything outside of what is true to them in order to achieve success. When you are in line with your true energy, you are in line with universal energy and when you ride that wave, you can only meet happiness, peace and success!
Let’s switch gears a little bit and bring it back to the NOMS.
I have a new recipe for you!
The other day I was looking through my pinterest food board (feel free to follow me here!) And I came across this tofu based lemon cream dessert that I had pinned a while back. As we are still in the full swing of summer (although my mind says, “August?! Let’s think about fall now!”), seeing that made me yearn for something light and delicious.
And then it hit me: Lemon Cream Overnight Oats. What a refreshing way to start the day, right? Well it turns out, that is very right.
I took a couple tries to get it right, so now, without further ado, I present to you:
Lemon Cream Protein Overnight Oats
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 packet stevia
- 2T lemon juice
- 1T vanilla brown rice protein powder
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2T chia seeds
- optional: 1/4 cup berries of choice
For the Base
- In a blender or food processor, add banana, almond milk, stevia, lemon juice and protein powder. Blend until smooth.
- If you don’t have or want to use a blender, start by smashing up the banana really well. Next, add the banana to the stevia and protein powder. Finally, add the lemon juice and then, very slowly, add the almond milk, stirring the whole time to avoid clumping.
Make Them Oats!
- In a sealable tupperware cup or container, combine oats and chia seeds. Add your base to the top of the dry ingredients, stir until mixed well, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, top with berries and enjoy!
This recipe is so delicious. It’s light, yet very satisfying. It kept my hunger at bay for 3 hours! I love the convenience of overnight oats too. They take no time at all to prep at night and then in the morning, all you have to do is take them out of the fridge! Once school starts (in 17 days!!!!), I can totally see myself depending on these oats on my early mornings. There’s nothing as awesome as cutting corners in the morning, right? 🙂
Pretty simple post for you all today, Swagsters. I’m writing to you from the bookstore near my work, but I’m off now to head home, lift some weights and make a meal plan for this coming week!
I don’t know about you, but I love Mondays!
How was your weekend?
What’s your favorite go-to breakfast?